Cash app blocks your account for multiple reasons why Cash App freezes accounts – Violation of Cash App user agreement, suspicion of fraudulent activity, or if you do a chargeback. Depending on the reason for account suspension, you have various options to use to unsuspend your account.
Did Cash App block your account? I know it can be frustrating, I myself have experienced it.
Before you lose it, just wanna let you know that you can still get your account back. In this article, we will discuss how to unlock your Cash App account in the simplest manner possible.
Cash App is a P2P payment app that allows to send and receive money from users hassle-free & offers swift transactions.
For unverified Cash App users, it allows sending a maximum of $250 per week and can receive up to $1000 in a month.
However, you can verify your account to send or receive a larger amount of money. Customers can also upgrade the Cash app for business users to send and receive an unlimited amount of money.
Cash app monitors the payments and blocks your account to stop the fraudulent activity if they believe your account has been compromised or encounter suspicious activities in your account.
In this article, we will show you how to unlock your cash app account, if it has been blocked wrongly.
How to Unlock Cash App Account?
- Open Cash App and login into your account.
- Click on the profile located at the home screen of the Cash App.
- Tap “Support” from the bottom of the profile page.
- You need to reach out to the support and ask them regarding the locked Cash App account.
- You will receive the confirmation email from Cash App support with an estimated time it will take to reopen your account.
- Once the identity verification is successfully after 24 hours to 48 hours, your account will be activated.
If your Cash App account is still not active, contact the Cash App customer service again regarding the issue.
How to Recover Locked Cash App Account?
Here are the steps to recover your Cash app account:
- Launch Cash App
- If you have another account logged in, tap on the “Profile” icon on the home screen.
- Select the “Sign Out” option.
- Next, enter the phone number or email id of the blocked account that you wish to access
- Follow the on-screen display prompt.
How Can We Unlock the Account of Cash App?
For any reason, your account is locked. You can reactivate it by looking at the steps below:
- Firstly, you have to login to Cash App.
- Then, select the profile option.
- After that go to the “Support”.
- From there you can contact support with the issue of locked account.
- They will get back to you with the confirmation email on registered ID. Also, with the time of account getting active.
- After the verification, the account will be active.
If the account is still not active then you can reach out to Cash App customer service.
Why is My Cash App Account Locked?
Cash App is one of the most secure and safe platforms to make transactions and even allows to add, sell, and purchase Stocks or Bitcoin.
Cash Application monitors all the activity happening in your Cash App accounts and if it observes any unusual and suspicious activity on the account, they will block or deactivate the account in order to keep your account and money safe from scammers or getting hacked.
Hence, When you try to log in to the account, it shows the error of Cash App login.
Another reason why your account may be locked in is due to using incorrect login credentials multiple amounts of times to log in to your Cash App account. In that case, Cash App may also disable your account for security reasons.
If you forgot your password, rather than trying to guess it and trying multiple login attempts with wrong credentials which can essentially lead to blocking your account for suspicious login attempts, simply reset your password if the registered number or email is available to you.
Also, if you perform any fraudulent activity, that is entirely up to you and if Cash App notices you for making an unknown transaction, Cash App may block your account permanently.
How Can I Recover My Account of Cash App?
Here are the instructions which you can follow to get access to the old account of Cash App:
- Firstly, open the Cash App account.
- Then go to the profile.
- Choose the tab “Sign Out”.
- Then enter the old account information.
- After that, you have to follow the steps which you are seeing on the screen.
Is it Possible to Reopen a Closed Account of Cash App?
Yes, you can reopen the closed account again. For that, you have to reach out to Cash App customer service. Also, keep these things in mind:
- You must have all the information on the old account like the email address, phone number, bank account, etc.
- Whenever you will reach out to support for the same they will ask the security questions which is important to confirm the identity of the user.
You need to contact Cash App support and their customer service to get the account unlocked. Chances are they might have blocked your account due to some suspicious activity or for any violation of the terms and conditions.
After contacting their support, you will get a confirmation email along with the time period in which your account will be unlocked. Usually, it takes around 24-48 hours for the account to get unlocked once your identity is verified.
If it is a simple misunderstanding and nothing serious, you will get your account back in no time. However, there are many users who fail to get their accounts unblocked because they violate the policies of the platform and involves in fraudulent payment activity.
No, there is no option to temporarily lock or deactivate your account for a time period. However, you can permanently delete your account if you want to.
Similar to other payment apps and platforms, the unlock issue is one of the most common problems Cash App users face. However, it could be a simple fix if you didn’t violate their policy and simple contact with their customer support could solve the issue.
If you wanna log in to your Cash app account on a new device using your email or phone number sometimes, that can cause issues for suspicious device login.
Sending money or payment to an unknown user using a Cash tag can also get your account blocked. Get in touch with cash app support using email to quickly resolve the issue.
For any unlock issue query, let us know in the comments below!