Generally, it might take up to 5 business days for your payment pending on Cash App to resolve. This can depend on the nature of your transaction since some pending payments might even resolve instantly while some might take longer.
If you want to learn more about pending payments on Cash App, how long they take, why they might be pending and how you can solve the issue, then you can go through the following sections to solve all your queries.
- What Are Cash App Pending Payments?
- How Long Does does Pending Cash App Take?
- Why does Cash App Say Pending Payment?
- How to Deal With Pending Payments?
- Summing Up
What Are Cash App Pending Payments?
Pending payments on Cash App are usually payments that you may have already initiated but have not yet gone through or been received by your recipient or merchant.
This can also take place on the recipient’s side. For instance, if they already sent you a payment or initiated the transaction, you should be able to see it almost instantly. If, however, it does not reach you on time due to some reason, then this can classify as a pending payment.
If you see this kind of message on any of your recent transactions, then you will need to carry out a few steps to resolve the issue so that the payment finally goes through.
How Long Does does Pending Cash App Take?
After you notice that one of your Cash App payments is pending, you will need to carry out a few steps that might be highlighted in your ‘Activity’ tab. After you carry out these steps and resolve the issue, then it might take up to five business days for the payment to finally go through.
Ideally, the issue should resolve itself almost instantly if it is a simple enough transaction. However, in case this does not happen, then you should be prepared to wait for five business days for the payment to go through, as it could happen at any point within this period.
Why does Cash App Say Pending Payment?
There are several reasons why your payment might be pending. To resolve the issue, it is important for you to first figure out what the cause is so that you know what to do.
Some possible reasons for Cash App pending payments include the following.
- There might be connectivity issues on your side or your recipient/sender’s side. In this case, you should wait for the connection to get better.
- There might be connectivity issues in the server or your bank itself that might be interfering with your transactions. Wait for this to resolve and do not make any changes to your payment.
- In case of security issues, Cash App might hold on to the payment for a while so that you can first verify the transaction before going through with it.
- In case of suspicious activity, Cash App might have blocked your account, which could lead to pending payment.
- You might not have enough balance or funds in your wallet or card to carry out the payment.
- You might have already reached the limit of transactions.
- You might be using an outdated version of the app.
- There might be issues with your phone settings, such as the location or VPN.
How to Deal With Pending Payments?
In case you notice that there is some pending payment, do not rush the process as this could make matters worse. Retrying the payment immediately is not a great idea, so you can try out the following steps.
- Determine the cause.
- See what your Activity tab is suggesting and carry out those steps.
- Check and resolve your internet connection issues, if any.
- Try to use another payment option to see if that goes through.
- In case you have to receive a payment but it shows ‘pending’, then accept the payment.
- If the issue is not on your side, then all you can do is wait for it to resolve on its own.
- If nothing is working out, you can try contacting the customer support team of Cash App to see if they can help you out.
How Should I Accept the Pending Payment?
Sometimes, Cash App might put a payment that you are expecting in the ‘Pending’ section of your Activity tab in case they have reason to suspect the transaction.
In such a case, you should go to your ‘Activity tab, select the pending transaction and click on the ‘Accept’ option so that the amount can show up in your balance or card.
In case this is also the issue with your recipient, then you can ask them to approve the payment from their side as well.
Is It Possible to Cancel a Pending Payment?
It is usually quite difficult to cancel a payment on Cash App since the transaction process tends to be quite instantaneous. In some cases, however, in case your payment appears to still be pending, then you might have a chance of canceling it.
You can do this by clicking on the transaction in the Activity tab of the app and then clicking on ‘Cancel’. Confirm this decision to cancel the pending payment.
This should ideally work if the payment has not gone through. However, Cash App does not always guarantee that this will work.
Can I Spend the Pending Money?
You cannot spend the pending money since this means that the money itself is in a state of limbo. You will only be able to spend it once you receive the money after the issue gets resolved.
Until then, you will simply have to wait for the amount to show up in your balance.
What If the Pending Payment Does Not Go Through?
In case the pending payment does not go through even after trying out everything mentioned here, try contacting customer support to see if they can guide you further. You can try asking the merchant as well.
Any pending payment on Cash App can take around five business days to resolve itself, although it might take lesser than that too in some cases.
Make sure you pinpoint the cause, take the required steps, or simply wait for it to resolve to receive the payment.