You can add a credit card to your Cash App account. To add a credit card to your Cash App account, Open Cash App on your Phone > click the “+ Add Credit Card” tab > after navigating to the “My cash” tab > Enter your credit card information > Then tap “Add Card” to link your Credit Card to Cash App.
Read on for more step-by-step guides.
Note that in order to add a credit card to your Cash App account on your iPhone or Android, you’ll first need to add a bank account or debit card to your account. Once that is done, you can easily link a credit card to your Cash App using the steps below.
Cash App has over the years expanded its functionality beyond just a peer-to-peer payment service and allows direct deposit payments and ACH payment with even the option to buy and sell bitcoin and trade stocks via the app.
>> Read: Does Cash App Have a Routing Number?
Yes, you can link major credit cards — including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express — to your Cash App account on the Cash App mobile app or website. You can make payments with your Credit card linked to your Cash App account with $Cashtag or VISA Debit Cash Card.
Users can now pay without revealing their sensitive banking and credit card information. It’s quite easy to link your credit card to your Cash App, though you’ll have to first add your bank account or debit card.
If you don’t link a bank account or card, you can still receive money to your account, but cannot cash out or send money to others. Hence, it is required to link your Card to send money.
Another important thing to note is that Cash App charges a 3% fee for sending money via a credit card.
How to Add credit card to Cash App?
Steps to link a Credit Card to Cash App:
- Launch Cash App on your phone.
- Click the “My Cash” tab located at the home screen in the left corner.
- Scroll down to find your bank details. Under the bank account name, tap on the “Add a Credit Card” tab
- Enter your card number, expiration date, CVV number.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the procedure.
- Enter your PIN or Touch ID to complete the process.
- Click back to go to the homepage.
- Voila! You have successfully added Credit to your Cash App account.
As mentioned above, you first need to add your bank account or debit card to your Cash App before linking your credit card.
Here’s how to link your Bank account to Cash App:
- Open Cash App on your Phone.
- Visit the “My Cash” tab
- Under the “Cash and Bitcoin option,” click on the “+ Add Bank” option.
- Enter your debit card information in the pop-up screen and click “Add Card.” After your card is added, your bank should now be linked.
- If you don’t have a debit card, select “No Card?” to add your bank account.
- Choose your bank name from the list of banks displayed.
- Next, enter your online banking username and password, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to link your bank account.
Once your debit card or bank account is added, you can continue to the next steps.
In the case that you can’t link a credit card to your Cash App, follow the below troubleshooting tips.
Adding a debit card is mandatory before adding a credit card. So, make sure to complete that step if you haven’t already.
>> Read: How to Add Money to Cash App Card?
Next, Cash App does not support bank’s credit cards that charge additional fees for withdrawing money through any application. For instance, CitiBank credit card applies additional fees over making any transaction through Cash App. Hence, cannot be linked to Cash App.
In the case that you cannot link a credit card to your Cash App account, check if your card has temporarily been on hold or you might have entered wrong credit card details like incorrect card number, CVV, and the expiration date. Sometimes the small errors create the biggest headache.
Another thing to check is if your card is expired or deactivated. In that case, you need to first apply for a new credit card to solve the issue.
Note that Cash App does not support any cards that are not supported by the USA bank.
If the above case doesn’t apply for you, and the Cash app still says that your card is invalid, refer below.
Here are a few more possible reasons for being not able to link your credit card.
- A Temporarily hold or ban is placed on your credit cards.
- Entered Wrong card details – incorrect card number, CVV, and expiration date.
- Your Card is expired or deactivated.
- Your credit card is not supported by the USA bank. Note that you can only use and link only USA bank’s credit cards.
Yes, You can link a credit card to your Cash App, but you first need to add a bank account or debit card. Read on for more Troubleshoot Guides in the case that shows an error or invalid card.
Cash App is a Square payment app for direct peer-to-peer payment to your friends, family, and relatives via your mobile device. You can create a free account to instantly send or receive money from other users.
Cash App is a peer-to-peer payment app great for situations like splitting a bill and dinner with friends or even send and requesting money from a friend, and both can be done digitally in a matter of seconds from your phone through the app.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to add a credit card to your Cash App account on your iPhone or Android.
Regarding the troubleshooting tips, if none of them applied in your case and still got issue linking, let us know in the comments below and we will try our best to help you out or contact Cash App customer service regarding the issue.