Changing your Cash App account from a business to a personal account is quite simple. You need to navigate to your profile at the home screen. Click on the Personal tab and find “Change Account Type.” Scan your finger to confirm changes from cash app business to a personal account.
Wanna learn How To Change Cash App From Personal to Business Account? Having trouble setting up different payment options for your small business? Not an issue, Cash App for business can help you to simplify your payment method.
The Square Cash App peer-to-peer payment platform expanded for business use in 2015.
The cash app for business might be the answer for small businesses looking for a quick and easy way to accept payments from their customers.
When you create an account in Cash App, you can choose between a Personal account or a Business account. These are some differences between a Business account compared to a Personal account.
Check out how to change your account and see if Square Cash for Business is the right fit for your payment processing requirements.
How To Change Cash App From Personal to Business Account?
How to Change Cash App Account from Business to Personal:
- Open the Square Cash App on your phone.
- Click on the profile button from the home screen.
- Select the personal tab.
- Scroll down and click on “Change Account Type” from Personal to Business.
- To confirm the change, enter your PIN or scan with your fingerprint.
>> Read: How to Add Money to Cash App Card?
How to Set Up a Cash App Business Account?
If this is your first time creating a cash app account, you can create a Square Cash for Business either through the app or on their cash.app website.
Your account need to be linked to your mobile number or an email id. Square will send a confirmation message with a One time Code via text or email to login for your account.
After logging in to your account, confirm your first and last name and link a debit card.
Note that Cash App accounts are set to personal by default, but it can be switched easily.
Visit the app settings < Personal menu and simply change the account type to business.
Here are the procedures to finish linking Square Cash to your business by:
- Link your bank account
- Create a branded $cashtag customers that your customers will recognize
- Embed your cash.me link in your website
Can you have both Cash App for Business & Personal?
Yes, you can have two account but if you want to create one business account and one personal account, then you will have to own two different phone numbers.
Also, you need two fresh email and debit card which has not been registered in Cash App so far.
Here are the steps to create a second Cash App account:
- Open Square Cash App on your phone.
- Press the “sign up” button.
- Follow the easy on-screen instructions such as your mobile number, email address, bank details, and so on.
- Select either Business or Personal from the account type.
- Make sure each Cash App accounts require different email addresses, numbers, and bank accounts.
Benefits of Cash App for Business Account
Here are a few of the major benefits of using a business account on Cash App.
- Transaction limits (daily, weekly, monthly) for the business account are higher than those of a Personal account.
- At the year-end, Cash App will issue you some sort of 1099 (1099 is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form that is used to report income received through sources other than employment) for all the transactions you receive through the app and it will be issued to the IRS as well.
- Cash App Business will charge a 2.75% fee to receive payment for services.
- Your account will display an additional icon on your Cash App name that looks like a little building to identify you are a Business account.
If at any point you wanna change Cash App from business back to your personal account, you should be able to do it from the same menu and steps as mentioned above.
If you find any trouble or have any query regarding how to switch a Cash App Personal to a Business account or vice-versa, let us know via the comments below!