Did you get messages claiming to be from Cash App asking to pay attorney fees? Well, I am glad you are here before you pay them.
If you already did, I am sorry that it happen to you. Refer to this article on what to do when scammed on Cash App.
- Key Highlights
- Does Cash App Have an Attorney Fee?
- How Does Cash App Attorney Fee Scam Works: Step-By-Step
- Step 1: Scammer Initiates Contact
- Step 2: Gain Victim’s Trust
- Step 3: Propose Cash App Payment
- Step 4: Request Cash App Tag and Email Address
- Step 5: Send a Fake Cash App Email
- Step 6: Fake Payment Notification
- Step 7: Request Payment for “Cash App Attorney Clearance Fee”
- Step 8: Provide Payment Instructions
- Step 9: Victim Sends Money
- Step 10: Scammer Disappears
- Lawyer Fees in 2023 Across Various Cities in the USA
- $50 Attorney Fee Cash App
- Benefits of Using Cash App for Attorney Fees Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cash App Attorney Fee is not real. It is a scam for a Clearance fee to pay in order to receive the payment.
- Many Users reported getting messages from Cash App to pay in order to receive their money.
- Be aware of the scam and don’t fall for it.
- What is Send Me Your Cash App Information Scam 2023
Does Cash App Have an Attorney Fee?
No, Cash App doesn’t have an attorney fee involved. Cash App Attorney Fee is a Clearance fee scam used by Scammers that send fake emails that appear authentic, asking users to pay an attorney fee, or lawyer fee to access the money sent to them usually around $50 or $100.
How Does Cash App Attorney Fee Scam Works: Step-By-Step
Here’s how the Cash App Attorney Fee Scam deal goes down, it all starts in the DM.
Step 1: Scammer Initiates Contact
Scammers usually initiate contact through platforms like social media, classified ads, or messaging apps, pretending to be someone interested in buying an item or acting as a potential sugar daddy/mommy.
Step 2: Gain Victim’s Trust
The scammer will engage in friendly conversations with the victim to build trust and establish a rapport. They might use flattery or appealing promises to create a sense of connection.
Step 3: Propose Cash App Payment
They will suggest using Cash App for the transaction, stating it’s convenient and secure, promising to send a significant amount of money to the victim through Cash App.
Step 4: Request Cash App Tag and Email Address
To proceed with the payment, the scammer asks the victim to provide their Cash App tag (username) and email address, claiming these are necessary for the transaction to occur.
Step 5: Send a Fake Cash App Email
The scammer will create a fake email that looks like a genuine Cash App notification. This email will typically use the Cash App logo and similar fonts to deceive the victim into thinking it’s legitimate.
Step 6: Fake Payment Notification
It will send the victim screenshots or a link to a fake Cash App transaction page, showing a large sum of money pending in the victim’s Cash App account. However, this is just a manipulation tactic to gain trust.
Step 7: Request Payment for “Cash App Attorney Clearance Fee”
The fake Cash App email will claim that the transaction is pending because of a “clearance fee,” “attorney fee,” or “lawyer fee.”
Step 8: Provide Payment Instructions
It will instruct the victim to send the clearance fee through Cash App to a specific Cash Tag or email address, claiming it’s necessary to process the payment
Step 9: Victim Sends Money
Believing they are about to receive a substantial amount of money, the victim sends the requested clearance fee using Cash App, thinking it will unlock the pending funds.
Step 10: Scammer Disappears
After receiving the Cash App attorney fee/ Clearance fee, the scammer disappears, and the promised payment never arrives.
Lawyer Fees in 2023 Across Various Cities in the USA
As you might expect, lawyer fees can vary depending on where you live.
In 2023, lawyer fees in the USA are expected to continue to rise, and linking attorney fees with Cash App can be a convenient way to pay for legal services.
To give you an idea, I’ve put together a table of lawyer fees across various cities in the USA.
|City||Average Lawyer Fee|
Disclaimer: The amounts mentioned above are estimates and can be influenced by many factors. Lawyer fees can vary depending on where you live, but it’s important to do your research and understand the costs upfront.
$50 Attorney Fee Cash App
Basically, scammers are trying to trick users into paying a $50 attorney fee on Cash App by claiming it’s mandatory to access the money they send.
First, make sure you’re following Cash App’s terms of service. Don’t use the app for illegal activities or anything that could get you in trouble with the law.
Second, be careful who you give your information to. Scammers may try to trick you into giving them your Cash App information, which could lead to legal trouble and fees.
Benefits of Using Cash App for Attorney Fees Payment
- Convenience: You don’t have to worry about carrying cash or writing checks.
- Security: Cash App uses advanced encryption technology to protect your transactions.
- Low Fees: It charges a minimal fee for instant transfers, which is 1.5% with a minimum of $0.25. Standard transfers to your bank account are free.
- Instant Transfers: Pay your attorney quickly and avoid any late fees or penalties.
- Easy to Use: You don’t need any technical skills or knowledge to use it.
- 24/7 Availability: Cash App is available 24/7, which means you can make attorney fee payments at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the clearance fee for Cash App Attorney Fees?
No, attorney fees on Cash App are not real. Don’t fall for the scam.
Is there a way to receive money from a business account on Cash App without paying a clearance fee?
There is no clearance fee for receiving money from a business account on Cash App. However, there might be a standard transfer fee of 1.5% for instant transfers on Cash App. This fee is deducted from the amount you receive.
What is the Seal of Approval fee on Cash App and why do I have to pay it?
There is no Seal of Approval fee. It might be a scam or a fraudulent activity. So, please be careful and never pay any such fees to anyone claiming to be from Cash App. If you encounter any such situation, report it immediately to Cash App support.