There are a few reasons why Cash App might close your account. Cash App will close your account if it is associated with any fraudulent transactions or suspicious activity. Another reason is using a fake bank account or name, using an expired card can help Cash App to block your account.
Did your Cash App account get closed? In this article, we will show you some of the reasons why they may close and how to reopen them?
Cash App is an online money transfer app for instant payment transactions. The app can be used to make transactions between friends and family, small businesses, etc
If your account is closed, there usually may be a security reason behind why they decided to do so.
>> Read: How Do I Order a Cash Card?
Even, if it is closed, you can still reopen a closed account by following the steps which we will discuss below in a minute. But first, let us discuss some of the common reasons for the closure.
Why is My Cash App Account Closed?
Here are a few reasons why it may close your account:
- Fraudulent activity: Sometimes Cash App can block the account if they suspect of are any fraudulent payments happening from your account.
- Using an expired debit or credit card: If you repeatedly try to use an expired debit or credit card and enter the incorrect details to make a transaction, your account may also be closed for security reasons.
- Violates Cash App TOS: If you violate the Cash App terms and policies and cross their limit of unwanted errors.
- Change Login Credentials Repeatedly: For instance, if you change the login data repeatedly and forget the password then it can happen that your account may be closed.
In such cases that your account can be closed for your protection and security.
Sometimes, it can be that your account isn’t closed but more so due to some technical and other errors.
- Low internet or wifi speed: If your device is connected to a low-speed wifi connection, you can face issues in the cash app.
- Server issue from the bank end: Sometimes, your transaction may not go through because your bank’s server is not working.
As mentioned above, any violation of Cash App Terms of Service will lead to termination and closure of your account.
Review Cash App TOS to Avoid Closure of Account
- Identity verification is recommended and to verify your identity, Cash App asks for your legal name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number.
- Uploading fake or wrong info is not allowed. You need to upload your original photo id proof to avoid getting your Cash App account.
- Currently, only US Citizens can sign up and use Cash App for sending and receiving money. If you are trying to access or sign up outside of the USA can lead to your account closed.
- Only users above 18 can create a Cash App account. Impersonating to be above 18 when you are not is a violation of TOS.
- Using Cash App for Scam and fraud will certainly get your account banned, if not sooner, later.
- Trying to link a fake card and bank account invites a ban.
- Making too many unsuccessful attempts for Cash App login might also result in banning your account. You can always reset your PIN rather than trying to guess your PIN multiple times.
How to Reopen a Closed Cash App account?
Here are some steps to reopen your account:
- Open Cash App on your device.
- Log into your account with the login credentials you have
- Go to the Profile icon located at the left side of the Cash App home screen
- Click on “Personal”
- Next, select the Support option
- Select Can’t access account option
- After you successfully submit your request, you need to wait for some time to get them back to you.
FAQ: Cash App Closed My Account
It can take 24-48 hours to get access to your Cash App account. However, sometimes it can take more than that to get back from the Cash App customer service team.
Your Cash App account is closed for many different reasons. Find out the wrong reason and fix it with the help of a Cash App phone number.
If you can’t access your Cash App account, your account may have been closed. Simply follow the above steps to resolve the issue easily.
If Cash App does close your account with money in your balance, you need not worry as all your money and data are safe. It can be accessed once your account is restored.
You cannot withdraw money from your closed Cash App account. You first need to reopen your account first to access it. Your money in the Cash App is safe and secure and can access once you log into the account.
If your account is closed, inspect all the reasons behind it and contact their support via their phone number and reopen your account.
>> Read: How to Add Money to Cash App Card?
Your account can also be closed for violation of terms of service which you can access here: https://squareup.com/legal/cash-ua.