Your Cash App screen is black because Cash App dark mode is responsive to the iOS or Android system settings. If you have dark mode enabled on your device, when you get the new Cash App update, Cash app automatically switches dark mode and displays a black screen.
Most of the apps you use daily ranging from Instagram to Youtube, all have a light and dark mode to give preferences to their users.
Finally, Cash App users can switch to a white-on-black theme for their system elements. Now, Cash App is going over to the dark side as well, offering a dark mode in its app for both mobile operating systems of iOS and Android.
And, if you’re a big fan of dark mode, it’s glorious.
Cash App Dark Mode has undoubtedly been a game-changer for all you nighttime scrollers, but sometimes it’s not that easy to go back to a regular screen as you might think. If you aren’t sure how to turn off Dark Mode on the Cash app, there are a few easy steps you can follow to ensure you always have control over the brightness of your phone screen.
- Why Did Cash App Mysteriously Turn Dark Mode?
- What is Dark Mode on Cash App?
- How To Turn Off Cash App Dark Mode On iPhone
- How To Turn Off Cash App Dark Mode On Android?
- How to Turn Off Dark Mode on Device?
- How to Enable Cash App Dark Mode on Windows?
- How do to use Dark Mode on Mac?
- On Cash App:
- Keep in mind that:
- Final Thoughts:
Why Did Cash App Mysteriously Turn Dark Mode?
Some did claim that their Cash app automatically turns into a dark mode theme all by itself, which shouldn’t happen unless you set it yourself in the device settings or update to the latest version of Cash App from the older version of the app which didn’t have Dark Mode.
The reason why Cash App mysteriously turns dark mode is that it is responsive to the iOS or Android system settings. As mentioned above, for devices that are already dark mode enabled, updating your app to the latest version will automatically trigger the dark mode.
You can always enable or disable dark mode manually.
We are here to help you with the issue and how to switch to dark and light mode based on the time of the day or preferences.
If you are looking strictly to enable dark mode on Cash App, refer to this article for a step-by-step guide on how to enable dark mode on Cash App.
What is Dark Mode on Cash App?
Dark Mode basically reduces your brightness settings to give your phone a black background on the screen, thus makes it easier to see your screen in the low light. When it comes time to turn off Dark Mode on Cash App, you just need to refresh yourself on which method you used to turn it on.
There are a few ways to turn Dark Mode on and off on your Cash App depending on your phone’s brightness and display settings and whether you’re an Android or iPhone user.
Take a look at all the possible ways you can turn off Dark Mode on Cash App.
How To Turn Off Cash App Dark Mode On iPhone
- Open Cash App
- Go to the Settings option
- Click on the Display & Brightness section
- From there, Select Light Mode
- Select Dark to return to the black display.
How To Turn Off Cash App Dark Mode On Android?
- Open Cash App and log into your account.
- Visit the Settings tab.
- Click on the General menu.
- Move to the Display and Brightness section.
- Search for Light mode.
- Toggle the switch to Light Mode to return to the normal display.
- Alternatively, you can always select Dark Mode to go back to the black screen.
How to Turn Off Dark Mode on Device?
- Go to your Device Settings app
- Click on Display & Brightness
- Tap Light
- Select Dark to return to the black screen display.
Alternatively, You can also command Siri to turn on or off your Dark Mode. To do so, say “Hey Siri, turn off the Dark Mode” or ask “Hey Siri, turn on the Dark Mode.”
If you are using Cash App on the web from your PC, there is no option to just set up dark mode on Cash App website alone. It either has to be dark mode on Chrome (whatever your browser is) or the whole PC.
How to Enable Cash App Dark Mode on Windows?
- Go to Start > Settings.
- Select Personalization > Colors.
- Open Colors setting
- Click Custom Under Choose your mode settings.
- Under Choose your default Windows mode, select the Dark tab.
How do to use Dark Mode on Mac?
- Open Apple menu
- Go to System Preferences,
- Now, in the System Preferences, select the General icon.
- In the General settings, click on Dark or Light as per your preferences.
- Alternatively, you can opt for Auto which Automatically uses the light appearance during the day and the dark appearance at night.
Auto is recommended as it will switch between modes without you having to do anything. Apps that support dark and light modes—including all apps from Apple itself—will follow your command.
On Cash App:
If you only want to turn off Cash App Dark Mode and leave your device settings the same, you can change it directly in Cash App. Head to your General page, from Cash App settings, tap the Display and Brightness section and then toggle the switch to light mode from the menu.
Now that you know how to turn off Cash App Dark Mode on Android and iPhone, you’ll have complete control over your scroll both night and day.
Keep in mind that:
- You’ll need to update your device’s operating system to iOS 13 or Android 10 as well as your Cash app.
- By turning on Dark Mode in your device’s settings, you may see Dark Mode activated on several apps, not just Cash app.
- By turning on Dark Mode in Cash App settings, you may see Dark Mode activated on Cash App alone.
Dark Mode is coming: to phones, laptops, websites, and even individual apps such as Cash App. If you’re not already taking advantage of it, follow the guide mentioned above to take advantage of it and enable dark mode on not just Cash App but your whole device.
The dark mode is both easier on your eyes and even more so better on your device’s battery life.
The reason being that darker tones are easier and more relaxing for your eyes to take in, especially if you are scrolling on low light (at night) and don’t use as much power as the normal screen and brighter colors.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!