If you noticed a payment you did not authorize on your NetSpend Card, we recommend contacting NetSpend immediately by calling 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363). Report unauthorized charges as soon as you notice them. Once disputed, The decision should be made within 10 business days.
What should you do when you have an unauthorized transaction on your Netspend account? Fear not, continue reading to find out what you should do.
If you have an unauthorized transaction on your Netspend account it can be pretty alarming, Fortunately, you do not have to panic. There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.
If you are in this situation, you should simply dispute the translation.
How do you do this? Find out here.
- What is Netspend?
- What is NetSpend unauthorized transaction?
- What should you do if you have a NetSpend unauthorized transaction?
- How do I fill in the Netspend unauthorized transaction form?
- Phone vs Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bottom Line
What is Netspend?
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Netspend, it is a financial payment company that allows you to have prepaid debit cards. This global company gives you incredible control over your finances.
A NetSpend Unauthorized transaction is a financial transaction that was paid without your permission or consent. For example, it could be a payment that you did not make or give permission to be made.
If a transaction is unauthorized, it could mean that your card has been stolen and used by someone else. It could also mean that your account information has been taken without your permission and used illegally.
Unauthorized transactions do not include:
- A financial transaction that was made by someone who has been authorized to use the card.
- A transaction that was mistakenly applied by Netspend.
To Fix Netspend unauthorized transactions, the best option is to simply contact Netspend directly. You can contact them via this number: 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363). Alternatively, submit a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit found online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It will also mean that you can secure your account if there have been any security problems with it.
If you do not want to call Netspend, you can instead submit a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit. This can be found online. This is a great option for those who are socially awkward and do not like talking on the phone. I
t will also be excellent for those with hearing difficulties or people who are mute since you do not need to communicate with another person over the telephone.
Both options will enable you to dispute the transaction. This will give you the opportunity to flag up the transaction and prove that you were not responsible for it. After the transaction has been disputed, it will be investigated by Netspend.
It may take some time for Netspend to get back to you. This will depend on the complexity of the case. If they are able to find evidence that the transaction was unauthorized, you will not have to pay the bill. If it is more ambiguous, Netspend may take a while to make its decision.
It will be an especially complicated case if you gave your PIN to the person who made the transaction.
If you do not want to call your bank, you can instead submit a form to dispute a transaction. Thankfully, this form is fairly easy to fill in.
To do this you will need to:
- Locate the form online. On your internet browser, simply type in “Netspend’s Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit”.
- Sign in to your account. This will mean entering a password and username/ email address. If you have forgotten your password, you may have to reset a new one. To do this, click on “forgot email.”
- Print the form off. The printer symbol should be featured at the right corner of the screen. Be sure to print all pages of this document off.
- Fill in all the information on the document. To do this, you will need to write down your full name and account number. You will also need information pertaining to the unauthorized transaction. This information will include the date that the transaction occurred, the amount that you were charged, and the name of the vendor. This will give the investigation team as much information as possible for them to efficiently carry out their investigation.
- Next, select the type of dispute that this is.
- Once you have filled in the form, you will need to sign it with your signature and write the date that you signed it.
- After this, scan the document into your computer.
- Finally, email the completed document to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, this method will require the use of a printer and scanner. If you do not have access to these objects, you may be able to borrow some. Preferably, they should belong to someone you know and trust.
In addition, you may want to try a printing shop or a public library. These places will likely have access to these devices and printing should be quite inexpensive.
Phone vs Form
In truth, it is probably best to contact Netspend via a call on your phone. This will immediately notify them of the issue, making it the more ideal option if you are concerned about the safety of your account.
However, there are also benefits of sending off the unauthorized transaction form. This will be an especially advantageous option if you have evidence that the transaction was illegitimate. This is because you can easily e-mail the evidence alongside the form.
Unfortunately, this method may seem less urgent than using your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few FAQs regarding the NetSpend dispute.
What will happen if you falsely dispute a debit card payment?
There can be some quite serious consequences to falsely disputing a payment. As a consequence, you should make sure that the transaction is definitely unauthorized. Ideally, you should have evidence to support your claim.
Potentially, you could be accused of fraud and harshly charged for it if the dispute is considered false.
How long does a dispute take with Netspend?
Thankfully, Netspend investigations will not take too long. The decision should be made within 10 business days after the dispute has been made. If the dispute is more complicated, it can take longer. However, 10 days is the typical range.
An unauthorized transaction on your Netspend account can be quite scary. If you are in this situation, it is important not to worry.
Fortunately, it is really easy to dispute a transaction. As you can see, there are two different methods for you to choose from.
The Netspend team will be there to support you through this experience.