To transfer money from Netspend to Cash App in an indirect way, you will need to follow the multi-step process of Netspend < external 3rd party Wallet (Paypal) < Bank Account < Cash App.
More on this is below.
Yes, Netspend works with Cash App and can send money from Cash App to Netspend Card. Open Cash App on your phone and click on the “Add Bank” tab. Enter your Netspend account and routing number. After linking your Netspend account to Cash App, you can use your Cash App balance for payments.
Read on for a step-by-step guide on how to transfer money from Netspend to cash app.
Netspend’s prepaid debit cards are easy to get with no banking history and credit check. It is also one of the most popular and trusted prepaid cards with low fees, and rewards along with tons of other features.
Similar to Cash App cards, Netspend Cards are also backed by VISA and can be used anywhere that accepts Visa, including both online and in-store purchases.
- What is a Flashpay ID?
- Do I Need My Flashpay ID to transfer money to Cash App?
- Can you Transfer Money from Cash app to Netspend Card?
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
- Does Netspend Work with Cash App?
- How to Send Money from Netspend to Cash App?
- How to Add Bank to Cash App?
- Does Netspend have fees for money transfers?
- How to Link Your Netspend Account with PayPal?
- Verify Your Netspend Account on PayPal
- Is there a fee when you transfer money from Netspend to PayPal?
- Final Thoughts:
What is a Flashpay ID?
FlashPay ID is a Netspend service that allows users to transfer money to and from their prepaid accounts. To send money, Log into your Account, enter the recipient name, FlashPay ID, and the amount to send. Flash ID works with specific brands to transfer money with just a few clicks.
Netspend customers can send money to other Netspend cardholders, along with ACE Elite, Control, and Purpose cardholders easily.
Do I Need My Flashpay ID to transfer money to Cash App?
No, it is not required to send money to cash app, but you will require your Netspend debit card on hand to add the required information mentioned in the section above.
If you are new to Netspend and haven’t got the terms, Flashpay ID is used to send money to your friends or colleagues similar to a $Cashtag, while the NetSpend debit card is similar to Cash Card and can be used to pay for items at physical stores or online websites or ATM’ accepting VISA.
Can you Transfer Money from Cash app to Netspend Card?
Yes, you can transfer money from Cash App to Netspend Card indirectly. To transfer funds from Netspend to Cash App, a series of protocols needs to be followed to make this process happen quickly and without any issues.
You first need to link a bank account to use Netspend prepaid card on Cash App.
If you don’t already know, Netspend is a reloadable prepaid card and is not a checking or savings account.
UPDATE: You can now add your Netspend card directly to cash app and is not required to go through PayPal or anything similar to linking a regular bank debit card.
How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
How to transfer money from NetSpend to Cash App:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the “Add Money Online” button
- Select your linked Netspend account to source the funds.
- Enter the amount of money and complete the transfer.
- Netspend Money will appear in your Paypal account in the next 1 to 3 business days.
- Once credited, Go to My wallet on PayPal.
- Click on Transfer Money
- Choose Transfer to your bank.
- Select the bank account to deposit the amount withdrawn, then click on Continue.
- Enter the required amount and click Next.
- Review your transfer and click on Transfer Now.
- Once the funds are credited to your bank, Tap the Banking tab from your Cash App home screen.
- Click on Add Cash.
- Choose an amount.
- Tap on the Add option
- Use Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm the payment from Netspend to cash App.
Read on below to get a better understanding of the transfer process.
Does Netspend Work with Cash App?
You cannot link Netspend Prepaid Card on Cash App — you can link a bank account or accepted card instead. You currently cannot add Netspend Card on the app to add funds to your account.
However, if you are on Paypal, you can use Netspend to transfer funds from your PayPal accounts. It works the same as a typical bank transfer.
Unfortunately, Cash App doesn’t support and has the option to link their Netspend and Cash App accounts, just as they would link a bank account to their Cash App account.
So, how do we solve the dilemma to transfer money from Netspend to Cash app?
For this to work, you will need a bank account and link the same bank account to your Cash App and Netspend account.
Once linked, funds can be easily transferred from Cash App to Netspend indirectly through a multi-step process. Netspend users can also transfer money back to their Cash App accounts in the same fashion, so it works both ways.
How to Send Money from Netspend to Cash App?
The most convenient way to transfer funds from Netspend to Cash App is by using PayPal. The process works in both Paypal and Cash App.
Since it is not possible to transfer money from NetSpend to your bank account but only to people who have Netspend cards. However, you can add money on a NetSpend card from any U.S. bank account.
First Link your Netspend card to your PayPal account using the account and routing numbers of your Netspend card. Then, You can move money from a Netspend account to your Bank account and then to your Cash App wallet.
I know it is a bit of a long process, but that is the only option available as of now since there is no direct button to send money from Netspend to Cash App and Vice-versa.
If you don’t have Paypal, here are a few alternatives that work just the same – Payoneer, Square, Skrill, Google Pay, and Stripe, among others with each having its own unique transaction cost and time to complete the process.
How to Add Bank to Cash App?
As mentioned above, you need to have a bank account linked to your Cash App that is the same as the account where the 3rd party wallet transferred the funds to.
- Open Cash App on your smartphone’s
- Visit the balance icon located at the bottom-left corner of the display.
- Head to “Add Bank”
- Enter your Bank information on the first screen.
- Finally, click the “Add Bank” at the bottom right of the screen
- Your bank should be added.
Does Netspend have fees for money transfers?
Yes, Netspend does charge a fee but not for money transfer. Netspend supports the free transfer of funds from one Netspend account to another and a PayPal account.
Other areas where Netspend charges a fee includes ATM withdrawal costs of $2.50, Cash reloads fee of $3.95, while Balance Inquiry at ATM or Telephone Automated Service charges $0.50, $0.50 for Live customer service (per call), and $5.95 per month for inactivity (after 90 days/ no trans.)
At the end of the day, Netspend is a business and has to make money.
But you need not worry about any sort of fee, as it is free to transfer funds from Netspend to your Paypal.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Select the “Wallet” button
- Tap the “Link a Bank Account” option.
- Enter the account number and routing number in the field provided.
- Click on the “Continue” button
- Review the information and link the account to PayPal.
- Click “Add Bank Account” to finally link the account.
Verify Your Netspend Account on PayPal
PayPal will deposit two small payments with less than $1 to your Netspend account and you need to confirm the amount to verify your account.
Once you have verified your account, simply follow the above step-by-step listings mentioned above to start the transfer process.
Is there a fee when you transfer money from Netspend to PayPal?
PayPal has no charges on your transactions when you want to send money from Netspend to PayPal. The same can be applied in vice-versa when transferring cash from PayPal to your Netspend account.
Currently, there is no method to directly transfer money from a Netspend account to a Cash App account or any other bank account, but you can follow the above steps to send money indirectly.
PayPal is one of the best ways where you can send money from Netspend to a Cash App wallet. As soon as there is an easier option to move funds between the two platforms, you bet I will be the first one to update and let you know about it.
Note that Netspend to Netspend money transfers are easy and 100% completely free.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!