Coinbase is a fully regulated and licensed cryptocurrency exchange that allows trading BTC another long with cryptocurrencies that fit its decentralized criteria.
Yes, you can send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase. Here’s how
- Open Coinbase App
- On your Coinbase dashboard
- Click on the “Receive” button
- Copy your Bitcoin wallet address.
- Open your Cash App and
- Click on ” Withdraw Bitcoin” to Scan a QR code or wallet address of Coinbase.
- Confirm with PIN.
It also offers access to more than 50 cryptocurrencies including Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and XRP, among many others with a low minimum to fund your account.
- Can You Send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase?
- How to Send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase Wallet?
- How to enable Bitcoin withdrawal on Cash App to Coinbase?
- How much can I Transfer Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase?
- What is the Minimum Amount to send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase and Cashtag?
- Can I receive Bitcoin on Cash App from Coinbase?
- How long do BTC transactions take from Cash App to Coinbase?
- Send BTC from Cash App to Coinbase
- Can I Send any Cryptocurrency from Coinbase to Cash App?
Can You Send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase?
You can send bitcoin from Cash app to Coinbase Wallet to transfer funds between your two accounts. Currently, you can only send and receive Bitcoin funds to other users and other wallets. It is because Cash App only accepts Bitcoin at the moment.
However, you first need to verify your account and identity in order to get access to these features (to send and receive BTC on Cash App).
So, how to enable Bitcoin withdrawal on Cash App? You may ask.
It’s quite simple!
How to Send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase Wallet?
- Open Coinbase App
- Select the “Receive” button and copy your Bitcoin wallet address.
- Go to your Cash App wallet and visit the Bitcoin tab.
- Click on the “Withdraw Bitcoin” tab.
- Either Scan a QR code or enter the wallet address.
- Paste the wallet address of your Coinbase.
- Confirm with your PIN to complete the transaction to send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase.
Alternatively, you can also follow the below steps too.
- Open Cash App on your Phone
- Tap the Banking tab
- Click on Bitcoin
- Select Withdraw Bitcoin
- Scan a QR code address for the Coinbase Wallet
- Alternatively, press Use Wallet Address to enter the BTC address manually of your Coinbase Wallet.
- Next, Confirm with your PIN or use Touch ID
How to enable Bitcoin withdrawal on Cash App to Coinbase?
Without Cash App Bitcoin withdrawal verification process, it won’t allow you to transfer BTC from your Cash App to any other BTC wallet.
Not to fret, the process is quite easy and simple.
- Open Cash App on your iPhone.
- Click on the profile button located on the right side of the home screen.
- Choose the Bitcoin option
- Scroll all the way down.
- Tap on Bitcoin withdrawal.
- From the next screen, it will prompt you to allow Cash App to access your phone camera.
- Use your phone camera to scan your photo id. eg. driver’s license. It will also require scanning your face to complete the verification.
- It can take up to 24-48 hours to get the confirmation of your account verification pass for BTC.
Once your verification is completed, you can start sending Bitcoin from your Cash App account to Coinbase or any other BTC wallet.
How much can I Transfer Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase?
You can transfer $2,000 worth of bitcoin every 24 hours and $5,000 within any 7-day period from Cash App to Coinbase. up to $5,000 within any 7-day period.
Note that you need to have a balance of at least 0.001 bitcoin to make a withdrawal which means to transfer to an external wallet, in this case, Coinbase.
Another thing to note is that Bitcoin transfers to external wallets can take around 30 to 40 minutes or sometimes longer to complete.
What is the Minimum Amount to send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase and Cashtag?
The minimum amount of BTC that you can send from Cash App per transaction to a $Cashtag is 0.00001 BTC or 1,000 sats (Satoshis).
This is not to an external wallet, as mentioned above, this amount is applicable to only sending BTC per transaction to a $Cashtag.
However, the minimum amount per on-chain transaction from Cash App is 0.001 BTC or 100,000 sats (Satoshis).
Can I receive Bitcoin on Cash App from Coinbase?
Yes, you can receive bitcoin to your Cash App from any wallet using the blockchain. However, your wallet address will change after each successful deposit. It means a new wallet is required for a new transfer. It’s important to check for your current address before making a new transfer.
How To view your current bitcoin wallet address:
- Open Cash App
- Tap the Banking tab on your home screen
- Click on Bitcoin
- It will display your address under “Wallet”
- Copy and Paste it for your next transfer.
In the case that your wallet address does not update, cash app may not support the transfer site.
How long do BTC transactions take from Cash App to Coinbase?
Bitcoin transfer duration can take as little as 10 minutes to sometimes hours, days, or even more than a week depending on network activity to be confirmed on the blockchain. In general, it can take anywhere from seconds to over 10 – 20 minutes.
However, that isn’t always guaranteed as there are many things that can happen during the transaction from network congestion, and available blocks to transaction fees among many others.
Send BTC from Cash App to Coinbase
Currently, Coinbase only allows you to sell directly into your Coinbase fiat wallet. But there is no limit on the amount that you can sell to your wallet.
Follow the above steps to send bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase.
To sell your BTC from Coinbase:
- Open Coinbase App or Open their Website on a Browser
- Login to your account
- Select Sell.
- Choose the crypto you want to sell and enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Tap Preview sell > Sell now to complete the action.
Can I Send any Cryptocurrency from Coinbase to Cash App?
No, as Cash App currently only supports Bitcoin (BTC). No other type of cryptocurrency is supported at the moment. It means you cannot send Ethereum, Dogecoin, or Tether along with the other 46 Cryptocurrency that is listed on Coinbase except for Bitcoin.
If you do unknowingly send non-supported cryptocurrencies to Cash App from your Coinbase wallet, it will result in loss of funds.
Cash App also allows you to instantly send and receive bitcoin to any $Cashtag for free, right from the Cash App on your iPhone or Android device.
Sending bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase is as simple as it gets and can be nearly instant for low-value transactions, but it can also take up to an hour, or even days, depending on the fees you are willing to pay, congestion and value of the bitcoin you are sending.
Coinbase also has a solid amount of security when compared to a number of other leading exchanges and is a great place to safely get started investing in cryptocurrency.
Another thing to note is that If you want your bitcoin transaction from Cash App to Coinbase to send as fast as possible, make sure you include a high enough transaction fee so that the miners will then prioritize your transaction over the others which are of lower fee transactions.
Hopefully, you find this guide helpful to send Bitcoin from Cash App to Coinbase!