Cash App Identity Verification process can take around 48 hrs. Alternatively, Cash App Bitcoin Verification can take up to 24 hrs which requires a photo ID, source of income, and photo of your face after you’ve provided your name, address, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Continue reading on for a step-by-step process along with Identity and Bitcoin Verification on Cash App.
If you are new to Cash App and looking to send and receive money over $1,000, chances are your transaction won’t be allowed and you are asked to verify your identity and account.
As of writing this post, Cash app has a limit of sending up to $250 within any 7-day period and receiving up to $1,000 within any 30-day period. It means you need to manually apply for the verification on the app to send funds above those limitations,
The same goes if you are trying to buy and sell Bitcoin on Cash app as you will be asked to verify your identity using your full name, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your SSN.
If you plan on carrying and using a balance on Cash App, you’ll have to verify your identity through the app.
Refer here for Cash app refund period and how long it takes to get refunded.
- Why is Cash App asking me to verify my account?
- How to verify Identity on Cash App?
- How Long does Cash App Verification Take?
- How Long does Cash App Bitcoin Verification Take?
- Set up to Buy Bitcoin on Cash App
- How to Verify Bitcoin on Cash App?
- How to Buy Bitcoin on Cash App?
- How To Know If my Cash App Account Is Verified?
- Final Thoughts
Why is Cash App asking me to verify my account?
The short version: Cash App is asking to verify your identity and account to allow you to continue making payments using the money in your Cash App account. Cash App is required by federal law to collect certain information from all its users that have access to a balance.
How to verify Identity on Cash App?
- Open Cash App on your iPhone or Android
- Go to your profile icon located in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and click the “Personal” tab.
- Enter your personal details such as D.O.B, billing address, and SSN.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the verification progress
- Wait until you get a confirmation for approval.
In some cases, Cash App might be unable to verify your account using the information you have given and may ask you to provide more additional information.
Note that you must be over the age of 18 to verify your account.
How Long does Cash App Verification Take?
Cash App verification can take anywhere from a few 10-15 minutes to 3 days and even more. However, in general, verifying your Cash App account can take up to 48 hours.
Typically, the Cash App identity verification process only takes a few minutes.
Sometimes finding your information via the National Database may not work because the information is unavailable or your name/address has changed. In that case, Cash App will ask you to send more additional documentation in the app to confirm your identity.
In that case, where you are asked for more info, the review process can take more than usual and takes 2-3 business days.
This only needs to be done once, and from that point on, once your account is verified, your transactions will be allowed for a higher amount and much easier without much restriction as to the unverified user who is limited to only a few basic features of the app.
How Long does Cash App Bitcoin Verification Take?
Cash App Bitcoin verification usually takes around 24 hours after giving your full name, date of birth, and last four digits of social security to make a Bitcoin purchase and requires a photo ID, source of income, and photo of your face to withdraw your Bitcoin.
If your Bitcoin verification takes any longer than 72 hours, we recommend you contact Cash App support via Twitter. You can also write into their support email cause there are some issues with your verification or the reviewer may have a day off. JK
But, if you are in a hurry to buy Bitcoin, we recommend using other apps and platforms strictly based on crypto which has a much quicker initial verification process rather than going through the whole Cash App bitcoin verification process which can take a while for an emergency purpose.
Set up to Buy Bitcoin on Cash App
Buying Bitcoin on Cash App is super easy tho once you have set up the initial requirements.
- Download Cash App from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Enter your email address or your phone number to sign up.
- Next, Link your debit card and your bank account.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Choose a Cashtag which is your Cash App username.
- Enter your address information.
- Next, add funds to your Cash App account to purchase your Bitcoin.
- Click Add Cash
- Select how much funds you want to add.
- Confirm your name, social security number, birth date, and home address.
Now, you will need to tinker with some Bitcoin settings for a seamless experience.
How to Verify Bitcoin on Cash App?
- Go to the Cash App home screen
- Under Deposits & Transfers, select your Bitcoin option.
- Choose the “Enable Withdrawals and Deposits” option.
- Cash App will ask for some extra information to verify such as – email address, reasons for purchasing BTC, income, and employment.
- Next, scan both sides of a state ID or your driver’s license.
- Take a photo of your face. (You must be in a well-lit area and take a clear picture.)
- That’s it for now, All you have to do afterward is wait for up to 48 hours to process the I.D. for Bitcoin verification.
Until the verification is completed, you will see a “verification in progress” message. It is quite normal and will be gone after your account is approved.
How to Buy Bitcoin on Cash App?
Here is what you have to do to buy Bitcoin on Cash App:
- Open Cash App
- Go to the “Investing” tab.
- Choose Bitcoin.
- Select on the “Buy” tab. (You can pay the amount for the bitcoins at once, or set up recurring purchases.)
- Enter the amount of BTC to buy and tap “Next” and “Confirm”.
- From the confirmation screen, double-check and tap confirm if everything seems fine.
- Click on “Done” to complete the order.
Now, go to your Cash App Home screen and you will see your Bitcoin amount credited.
How To Know If my Cash App Account Is Verified?
Cash App lets you send up to $250 within any 7-day period and receive up to $1,000 within any 30-day period.
Before your Cash App account is verified, you have a limit weekly rolling limit of sending up to $250 within any 7-day period and receive up to $1,000 within any 30-day period. If you’re unable to transact more than $1000 total per 30 days period, then you’re not verified yet.
When you are verified, you get a $7,500 weekly rolling limit.
Even when verified, you’re not able to raise your limit above the $7,500 sending limit. It’s Cash App policy to not allow all requests above the limit set.
Under Cash App rules, users would still be able to pay or be paid without verifying their identity, but that money would go to and from a bank account or credit card rather than money stored in the Cash App account itself. According to experts, using Cash App under that limited functionality is not the worst idea.
According to Velasquez, “When it comes to payment apps, we actually encourage people to only keep the necessary amount in there for the transaction at the moment,” and “Because if your account is compromised, and you actually have dollars in there, then you’re risking the loss of those dollars, rather than having all of the protections from your credit card.”
So if you get a notice from Cash App: It’s legit, so long as you make sure it’s actually from Cash App. (The FTC has some good tips on identifying potential phishing emails.)
Cash App has been growing in popularity over the last couple of years, with the rise of mobile and internet banking and because of that, a lot of people like using it not only to receive or send money easily but also for Bitcoin transactions.
So, in summary – You need to verify your identity on Cash App in order to carry and use a balance on the platform. To verify your identity, Cash App asks for your legal name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number.
Cash App may request more information if they cannot verify your identity, including a US passport or driver’s license.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!