Yes, you can Delete your Cash App Account. To delete a Cash App account –
- Open Cash App
- Go to your profile
- Choose “Support.”
- Click on “Something Else” and
- Tap “Account Settings.”
- Select “Close my Cash App Account”
- Tap “Confirm” to close your Cash App account permanently.
Continue reading as there can be complications regarding removing the Cash App from your Phone or completely closing and deleting your Cash App Account permanently.
Well, there are 2 easy ways to do so. In this article, I will highlight the two methods to easily deactivate your account permanently.
Cash app is a secure, convenient way to send/ receive money online, split bills with your friends and family very quite similar to Venmo.
If you don’t use it anymore or find some other app that you prefer, whatever the reason maybe – you simply can’t delete it like a regular app.
Deleting your online presence can be a lot of work — depending on the scale and the circumstances. However, deleting your Cash App account isn’t the hardest of all.
Now that you have finally made up your mind to no longer use Cash App. So, how do you delete your Cash App account? Follow the below steps to delete the cash app account and the app from your device.
There are 2 methods or ways to delete your Cash App account. You can delete a Cash App via
- On your own phone (uninstalling the app) or
- Through Cash App official website (via their contact page) and request Cash App Cash Customer Service to delete on your behalf.
How to Delete Cash App Account?
How to delete Cash App Account:
- Open Cash App on your iPhone or Android Phone.
- Click on your Profile icon located in the upper left corner that resembles a person to display the Account Menu.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Cash Support’ from the Account Menu section indicated by a question mark icon.
- Click on the “Something Else” tab.
- Tap on the ‘Account Settings.’
- Select the “Close my Cash App Account” tab from the “Account Settings.”
- Click “Confirm” to close your account and that you actually want to deactivate your Cash App account.
- You’ll then be signed out of the Cash App, and a delete confirmation message will be sent via your email address or through an SMS.
How do i Delete my Cash App Account on Cash.app web
- Visit Cash App website (Cash.app)
- Click on login and sign in using your login ID and Password to your Cash App account.
- On your account dashboard, a request Sign in Code will appear. Click on it, and a Pin code will be sent to your email or SMS. It will depend on the contact information that is linked with your account to either get an email or a text confirmation.
- Copy and Enter the code on the field and tap on Sign In to confirm your identity.
- Next, Visit the Open Account & Settings < Personal Information tab < Scroll down and select Deactivate Account which is located at the bottom of the page.
- You’ll then be directed to a page where you’ll be asked to provide a reasonable explanation as to why you are deleting your account. Simply choose your suitable reason and click on the Continue button.
- The customer support team will get in touch with you and confirm if the deletion of your Cash App account was either successful or even request additional information where applicable to successfully deactivate your account.
Don’t delete the Cash App Application
Don’t remove the Cash App Application from your Phone just YET!
Unlike other regular apps, a simple drag and drop into the trash won’t do the trick. It only means that you’ve removed the app from your device and it doesn’t completely delete your account.
Your account is still active and running.
Points to Consider Before Deleting Your Cash Account
Below are some things to check before you deactivate your Cash App account.
- Make sure to download your payment history for future reference since you won’t be able to get access once your account is deleted.
- Having pending payments in your account will be eligible to delete your Cash App Account. Clear the pending fund and move the fund from your account.
- Cancel your Cash App Subscription and upcoming billing on your account before deleting your account.
Transfer the Funds
From the above checklist, we can see that you need to clear your account of any funds.
So, If there’s still any money in your account, make sure to transfer it to your bank account that is already linked to your account or send it to your friend’s cash app account. To do this, go to your balance in the Cash App.
Related Read: How to Activate A Regions Card?
Below your balance, there will be two options – “Add Cash” and “Cash Out.” Click on the “Cash Out” and choose the methods on how you want your money sent to you.
It’s also possible to delete the Cash App account very easily from the app on your phone. Assuming that you have fulfilled all the checklist above before deleting your accounts.
Unfortunately, due to the given nature of your app, you cannot delete your Cash App history.
You might be concerned about its privacy or security, but rest assured as the information is private and no one can see who and what you’ve paid unless other’s logged into your account.
Before deleting your Cash App payment account, make sure to cash out all your wallet balance and sell the Bitcoin and other Stocks available in your account.
There are 2 ways to delete your account.
1) Delete Your Cash App Account on Cash App Website.
2) Delete Your Cash App Account on your Phone Application.
There’s nothing wrong if you made your mind to close your account and chose to no longer have to make use of Cash App.
A quick recap before you delete your account is to take a minute to check your Cash App account of any pending funds or whether any refund is pending or not for you. The Cash App account deactivation process is quite simple and straightforward on the Application or on their website as well.
For any queries or problems, make sure to let us know in the comments below!