Klarna does not accept Cash App and it is not accepted at Klarna, You cannot directly use your Cash App Card to make purchases on Klarna. However, you can indirectly use the Cash Card to make Klarna purchases by linking to your GPay and Apple Pay which is compatible with Klarna and Cash App.
Klarna is an online payment service that allows consumers to pay for products online with a “buy now, pay later” service that basically allows online shoppers to purchase without paying the full amount upfront.
Their service offers shoppers to pay for their online purchases with little to no interest, making it easier to pay off a huge amount of purchases over time.
Users allow to pay for their purchases in four installments for no interest charged every two weeks and delay payment on purchases for 30 days or apply for 6 to 36-month EMI plans with competitive interest rates or pay the full amount within 30 days.
Does Klarna Accept Cash App?
Klarna currently does not accepts Cash App and accepts Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards issued in the United States. Unfortunately, Klarna does not accept any prepaid cards which is Cash App Card included, and foreign debit/credit cards.
However, there is a way to go around and use your Cash App Card to fund your Klarna purchase.
Cash App does not allow users to integrate with Klarna — but can be used with Google Pay which is compatible with Klarna only if you have a Cash Card, the app’s free VISA debit card.
So, basically, since Klarna is compatible with Google Pay and Google Pay with Cash App Card, you can tweak a bit here and there to indirectly use your Cash App in Klarna.
How to Indirectly use Cash App Card to Klarna?
The solution here is to use Google Pay which will act as a middle man that accepts and is compatible with both Cash App and Klarna.
Cash App Card < Google Pay < Klarna
OK! On to the next part.
Link your Cash App Card to Google Pay
Note: You can only do this if you have a Cash Card, which is the app’s free VISA debit card.
- Open the Google Pay application on your iPhone or Android
- From the GPay, Select “Payment Method”.
- Click on “Add Card” and confirm on “Proceed”.
- Enter your Cash App Card details manually such as – Card number, CVV, and the expiry date.
- Double-check and verify the details of the account.
- Once you finish adding and followed all the prompts, your Cash Card will be successfully registered to your Google Pay account.
Now that your Cash App Card is linked to your Google Pay, it is directly funding your Google Pay wallet and can be indirectly used to fund your Klarna purchase.
So, the next time you order and pay with Klarna, you can use Google Pay as your payment method.
The same goes for Apple Pay which allows users the possibility to use Apple Pay on Klarna.
- Open your Apple Wallet on your iPhone
- From the Apple Wallet, select the + symbol on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Credit or Debit Card” and either enter your Cash Card information manually or snap a picture of your Cash Card.
- Once you finish adding and followed all the prompts, your Cash Card will appear from the Apple Wallet home screen
- Back on the Apple Wallet home, your Cash App Card will display which you can preview the Cash card to verify.
Another option and the most obvious one is to simply transfer your Cash App balance to your Bank account or traditional card and use it on your Klarna purchase.
Wouldn’t that be simpler?
However, If you are adamant about using your Cash Card instead, try out the above indirect payment methods.
What Cards are accepted by Klarna?
Klarna accepts all of the major debit and credit cards such as Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, Discover.
Unsurprisingly, Prepaid cards are currently not accepted for your purchase.
How to add a card or bank account to Klarna?
Steps to add or delete a card or bank account:
From the Klarna app
- Launch and Log in to the app
- Click ‘Purchase & Payment’ from your ‘My Klarna’ settings
- Choose from the options on your actions – ‘Add a card’, ‘Add a bank account’, or ‘Remove’
From the Klarna.com website
- Visit Klarna.com
- Log in to your account
- Click on ‘Payment Settings’
- Choose from ‘Add a card’, ‘Add a bank account’, or ‘Remove’
Note: There can be only one bank account linked to your account at a time while it has the options to link and save multiple cards at a time but set one as your primary card for your Klarna payments.
How to Order on Klarna and pay with Cash App?
Pay in 4 installments, ‘Pay Now, ‘Pay in 30 days’ or ‘Pay over 6 months’
The above are the available payment installment options to choose from and allows to schedule it when you made the purchase!
Once you make the purchase, an email will be sent from Klarna outlining your payment timeline or schedule.
Depending on your schedule, your payments will be automatically withdrawn from the card linked to your account.
Klarna Payment Schedule
Klarna financing has three options:
- Flexible month-to-month: Standard interest rate and minimum payment with a credit card. You can design your own repayment plan.
- Planned payments: Fixed repayment schedule and interest rate and has competitive APRs. You need to make the predetermined payment for each month timely. Full plans range from six to 36 months.
- No interest if paid in full: Deferred repayment terms allow you to pay off your payment e over time with no interest but with an interest charged for the entire repayment period if you fail to pay in full in the time period. Similarly, full plans range from six to 36 months.
Pay 30 days after the purchase
Klarna allows users to try out the purchase before paying. If you shop among partner retailers, you can buy and pay for the product after 30 days.
Basically here is how it works – If you opt to pay later with Klarna, you will not be charged upfront for your purchase. Rather you have 30 days from the day the item is shipped to pay for the item or return the product.
There is no service fee or interest for the feature.
However, similar to all the installment plans, Klarna charges a late fee of up to $7 if you fail to pay for the item by your due date.
Klarna is taking over by splash across Europe and the U.S. with their popular “buy now, pay later” model which offers customers more flexible payment options and risk-free to try out and make up their mind before they buy a product.
As mentioned above, Prepaid Cards are not allowed on Klarna which includes Cash App Card. But since it accepts Google Pay, you can take advantage of it and indirectly use it to pay for your products.
Or you can also transfer the money to your traditional card from your Cash App and use it on Klarna.
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!