Unfortunately, Brigit doesn’t work with NetSpend as Brigit does not yet have the ability to maintain a secure connection with Netspend’s prepaid cards and bank accounts. However, Brigit works with over 6,000 banks and credit unions.
Have you recently signed up for Brigit? If you’re planning to link it with your Netspend card, Brigit doesn’t work with Netspend.
Here’s what to do instead.
Why are Brigit users looking for cross-functionalities with Netspend? To give you a little background about Netspend, it is one of the leading providers of payments and financial solutions in the US. Serving over 10 million consumers and businesses in the country, Netspend issues Visa and Mastercard prepaid debit cards and prepaid corporate cards that are backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
What is Brigit?
Brigit is an amazing financial health app that helps you build credit, save, budget, and manage your money. It works with a number of banks and credit unions. However, if you’re looking to link it with your Netspend card account, Brigit has yet to provide that option.
You can use a Netspend reloadable prepaid card to pay for purchases at physical retail stores and online, withdraw cash from ATMs, do account-to-account transfers, pay bills, receive direct deposits within 2 days, and more.
With Netspend, you don’t have to undergo credit checks, maintain a minimum account balance, or pay card activation fees. Netspend easily allows you to get a prepaid debit card and manage your money. While it works with other financial apps like PayPal and Cash App, it does not work with Brigit yet.
Read on to know why you cannot link your Netspend card account with Brigit.
Does Brigit Work with Netspend?
Brigit does not work with NetSpend Cards due to issues with maintaining connectivity. Among Brigit’s attractive features is its paycheck advance service that helps you get interest-free cash loans of up to $250. You can use this amount to cover your monthly expenses until you receive your next paycheck.
You can then pay off the loan without any overdraft or interest fees.
You can also use Brigit to monitor and build your credit, protect yourself from identity theft, create a monthly budget, and save money.
Once you download the Brigit app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, you need to set up your Brigit account and link it to your bank account — not a hard feat since it works with more than 6,000 banks and credit unions.
If you want to link your Brigit account with your Netspend prepaid debit card or Netspend All-Access Bank Account, however, you can’t. This is because Brigit does not yet have the ability to maintain a secure connection with Netspend’s prepaid cards and bank accounts.
Netspend isn’t alone when it comes to this issue. The financial health app also has connectivity issues with Varo Bank, Chime Bank, and Capital One Financial Corporation.
To link a bank account while setting up your Brigit account, you need to select an alternate bank or financial institution that can securely work with and be verified by Brigit.
The company mentions on its website that over time it may connect with more banks that are currently not supported. You can wait and watch until your bank becomes supported or simply choose a bank that is already supported by Brigit.
How Do You Qualify for Brigit?
Brigit’s cash advances are certainly one of the app’s keys and most often used features. To qualify for the Brigit Plus program, you need to meet certain criteria specified by the company.
Unlike other credit institutions, Brigit will not check your credit score. However, you need to be over 18 years old and have government-approved proof of identity.
Here are other criteria you need to meet to be approved for a paycheck advance:
- Your average paycheck must be above $400.
- You must receive over $1,500 as your monthly salary from the same employer or another source of funds.
- You must have 3 or more recurring deposits from your employer, amounting to a minimum of $800 per month.
- Your bank account balance must be above $0.
- The bank account that you’re planning to link with Brigit should be a checking account that you use regularly. If you want an account to qualify for Brigit Plus, the company recommends that you use it daily for at least two weeks before applying.
- The bank account that you want to link with Brigit should not be a joint account.
- It should be a checking account older than 60 days.
- Your checking account should be with a bank that is supported by Brigit.
Based on factors such as your average account balance, your regular deposits, your spending history, and your income, Brigit computes your eligibility with a score between 0 to 100.
Based on the results of this computation, Brigit will decide whether you are eligible for its cash advances and the amount of the advance.
To qualify for an advance, your score needs to be at least 70.
Interested in qualifying for a Brigit cash advance? Follow the steps below:
- Download the Brigit app and set up your account with Brigit. You will have to submit your personal details such as your full name, email address, contact number, and state of residence.
- Set up a 4-digit security pin for logging into your Brigit account.
- Link your account with your bank account. This bank account will be used by Brigit to recover its monthly membership fee of $9.99 and paycheck loans. Once enrolled, Brigit will charge you this monthly amount whether or not you use the cash advance feature.
- Brigit reviews your account and gives you a score to determine if you are eligible for a paycheck advance.
- If you are approved by Brigit, you need to agree to pay the monthly subscription fee for the Brigit Plus plan.
- Apply for a cash advance. Brigit will deposit the amount into your account within 1 or 2 business days and schedule a repayment date.
- Brigit will send you a reminder 2 business days before the repayment date and also on the day itself. You can also select the “Repay Now” button to pay the advance early. Note that there are no penalties for early repayments.
- Brigit will deduct the loan amount from your checking account. If your account does not have sufficient balance, you can extend the repayment date up to 3 times.
Why Does It Take So Long to Register My Repayment with Brigit?
If you repaid your cash advance from Brigit but it has not been marked as repaid in the app, don’t worry. It usually takes 2 to 5 business days for Brigit’s payment provider to process and verify your repayment.
Even if the repayment has already been reflected in your bank account, Brigit will only register the repayment on the app once it gets a confirmation from its own bank.
Once the app registers your repayment, you will receive a notification via text. You can now apply for another advance when you need it. Note that you can only apply for 1 cash advance during each pay cycle.
Brigit is a great way to get an interest-free cash advance of up to $250. It can be used to cover your monthly bills until you receive your next paycheck. You can also use the app for budgeting, credit monitoring, and other purposes.
Since the benefits of a Brigit Plus account include automatically transferring money to your account if it anticipates an overdraft, enrolling for a Brigit Plus account means that the app will have access to your personal information, including details on all your transactions. Make sure you’re comfortable with this before registering for the feature.
Although Brigit does not work with Netspend, it’s affiliated with over 6,000 banks and credit unions. If you want to use Brigit’s cash advance features right away, you’ll need to open a checking account and fulfill the other criteria we mentioned to link and qualify your account.