Have you been double-charged by a merchant on Cash App? Don’t worry – we’ll walk you through all you need to do to get your money back!
If Cash App double charged you – Open Cash App, Scroll to the bottom, Your debits and charges should be there, Click on the charges you believe are fraudulent, and Select the three darts after that charge shows up on your full screen and Request a refund or for fraudulent charges.
Noticed a Cash App transaction that you don’t remember? Fret not – you can easily file a refund request and dispute the unauthorized payment. Whether you’re using your Cash App credit or a linked Cash App card, you’re always in control of your payments.
It’s always recommended to reach out to your merchant directly if the payment is still pending. Once the payment goes through, Cash App customer support takes it from there to resolve your issue.
Buckle up as we walk you through all you need to do to deal with any unauthorized Cash App double charges.
Can You Get a Refund From Cash App?
YES, you can get refunds from Cash App but not without its caveats!
The fact that most Cash App transactions go through the moment you press the transfer button complicates things a bit, as you don’t usually have a “pending” phase where your money can be easily disputed.
But still, Cash App ensures that filing refund requests are as streamlined as possible, thanks to its responsive customer support.
How to Get a Refund on Cash App?
We’ve already established how Cash App handles its money transfer. The fact that the company takes a back seat and lets users send and receive money without any delay for processing is what keeps customers sticking with the service.
That being said, getting refunds is never a given with Cash App. Even if you’ve sent money to the wrong person, all you can do is request them to give the money back.
Unfortunately, there’s no guarantee that the person who received the money will honor your refund request, giving you no choice but to reach out to Cash App’s customer support to try and dispute the transaction.
If you’re lucky enough, though, you can cancel the payment before it goes through and save yourself the trouble of requesting a refund in the first place.
Now that you know what to expect, let’s walk you through a step-by-step guide to filing a refund request, canceling a Cash App payment, or disputing a transaction.
Request a Refund
- Open the Cash App application on your supported iOS or Android device and ensure you’re running the latest version
- Tap the “Refund” button on the home screen to request the person who received your payment go through with the refund process on their end
Now, you’re playing the waiting game! If you can contact the recipient, you can ask them to go through the following steps:
- Launch the Cash App application on their device and double-check that they have the latest version installed
- Select the “Activity” tab from their Cash App’s home screen
- Scroll through a list of past in-app activities until they land on the payment in question
- Tab the three dots icon next to the payment at hand
- Select the “Refund” option from the pop-up menu
- Tab “Ok” and Voila, they’ve sent you your money back
Cancel a Payment
Again, this option might not be feasible most of the time due to the quick nature of Cash App transactions. Yet, you might be lucky enough to cancel your payment before it’s processed, especially if it involves a debit card where some processing time is necessary by default.
The following steps outline how to cancel a Cash App payment:
- Tab the “Activity” prompt to be greeted with a menu with all your previous payments
- Any submitted payment should show up on this page, so all you need to do is scroll till you find the payment you want to cancel
- Tab the three dots icon next to the payment at hand, and select “Cancel” from the pop-up window
It’s worth noting that most Cash App payments are refunded instantly; however, you could sit through a waiting period of 1-3 business days for payments involving a debit card to be processed and show up in your Cash App balance.
File a Dispute
If you requested a refund from the person who received your money and they didn’t oblige, your options are getting slim. Nevertheless, don’t lose hope yet, as you can always file a dispute and let Cash App’s customer support team look into the issue.
All you need to do is follow the steps below to dispute a given transaction:
- On your Cash App’s home screen, select the “Activity/” tab
- Land on the unauthorized transaction and tab the three dots icon on the right-hand side
- From the pop-up menu, tap “Need Help & Customer Support”
- Once you’re redirected to the next page, select “Dispute this Transaction”
The moment your request is submitted, the Cash App team follows through with their investigations and contacts the recipient to help you claim your money back. You’ll be constantly updated about how the process takes shape via emails.
Dispute requests with the highest refund rate are those related to double charges or if a merchant charged you a wrong sum and you went through with the payment.
On the other hand, if you willingly send your cash to the wrong person, things can get quite complicated, and the Cash App customer support might not be able to help you in this situation.
It’s worth noting that the service’s peer-to-peer payment system complicates things a bit when it comes to refunds, so unless you know exactly what you’re doing, you can easily find yourself stuck in a loophole!
The near-instantaneous nature of Cash App payments can be a double-edged weapon. On the one hand, it offers a convenient and seamless way to transfer money. But on the other hand, this makes the refund process more complicated.
Nevertheless, Cash App offers various ways to ensure you’re refunded in case you’re double-charged or charged the wrong amount. You can always file a refund request, try to cancel your payment before it’s complete, or dispute your purchase.