Yes, you can load your Netspend card with your PayPal account. To load Netspend Card with PayPal – Connect Netspend to your PayPal Account. Next, Log in to PayPal and select the ‘Withdraw’ option > Select your Netspend card, enter amount > Click ‘Continue’, and confirm with the ‘Submit’ button.
Want to learn how to transfer from PayPal to Netspend? Continue reading to find out how you can load your Netspend card with your PayPal funds today.
We’re here to show you how.
PayPal is one of the biggest online payment systems in the world. Most online merchants now require transactions to be processed through PayPal, and with more than 295 million PayPal customers across the globe, it’s not hard to see why.
Since PayPal began in the early 2000s, it’s made it easier than ever to use its online services. They’ve since partnered with several major companies worldwide, including Netspend.
Netspend accounts can be linked to active PayPal accounts and vice versa. Wondering how to load your Netspend card with PayPal? Read on to learn more.
- What is a Netspend Card?
- What Deposits Can You Put on a Netspend Card?
- How Do I Load my Netspend Card with PayPal?
- Connect Netspend to PayPal
- Verify your Netspend Account
- Transferring Money from PayPal to Netspend
- Can Other PayPal Users Send Money to my Netspend Card?
- Can You Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal?
- Does PayPal Charge Fees to Withdraw Money?
- Final Thoughts
What is a Netspend Card?
Netspend is a financial services company that offers its customers prepaid Visa and Mastercards. These provide the convenience of a debit card without a bank account.
These checking account alternatives are easy to obtain, and there’s no need for a credit or banking history check. Once you sign up online, Netspend will send you a card in the post. You can then load your required funds, whether that be from paychecks or government funds, and use this to pay for your bills or groceries.
Funds can be sent to your Netspend card in many ways, including via a direct deposit, a mobile check deposit, or a physical reload location using check or cash.
What Deposits Can You Put on a Netspend Card?
Once your card is activated, you can funnel deposits into your account using the same methods as a traditional bank account. Netspend accepts the following deposits:
- Social Security Benefits
- Tax Refunds
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Veteran Benefits
- Government Disability Benefits
- Railroad Retirement Benefits
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service Payments (DFAS)
How Do I Load my Netspend Card with PayPal?
To load your Netspend card via PayPal, you’ll first need to sign up for a PayPal account. This is a simple process that should only take a few minutes.
Setting Up a PayPal Account
- First, go to the PayPal website, click on the ‘Menu’ icon at the top left of the screen, and select the ‘Sign Up’ option.
- Now, select the ‘personal account’ option on your screen and hit ‘next’.
- You’ll now need to give PayPal your mobile number. Type this in the appropriate field, and hit ‘Next’.
- Continue to add your personal information, such as your legal first and last name, email address, and chosen password.
Connect Netspend to PayPal
Once you’ve set up your PayPal account, you’ll need to link your Netspend card. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Login to PayPal
- Select the ‘Wallet’ option in the PayPal toolbar
- Click on the ‘Link a Bank Account’ option (this may appear as ‘Bank accounts and cards’ on mobile devices. Click this option, and select ‘Debit and Credit Cards’
- Enter your card, account, and routing numbers, and select ‘continue’
- Take a minute to review your payment information. If everything looks correct, select the ‘Add Bank Account’ option.
Verify your Netspend Account
Now your Netspend and PayPal accounts are linked, PayPal will need to confirm your Netspend account.
PayPal does this by depositing two small payments in your account (each under $1) to confirm the account is working.
To confirm your Netspend account, follow these steps:
- Log in to Netspend and view your account. Make a note of the exact deposit amounts PayPal placed into your account.
- Now, log back in to PayPal and select the ‘Wallet’ option
- Your Netspend account should now appear here. Click on your Netspend card, and you’ll be prompted to enter the deposit amounts to confirm your account.
Transferring Money from PayPal to Netspend
To transfer money from your PayPal account to Netspend, complete the following steps:
- Log in to PayPal and select the ‘Withdraw’ option
- Select your Netspend card, and enter the amount you wish to deposit to it
- Click ‘Continue’, and confirm the withdrawal with the ‘Submit’ button.
Can Other PayPal Users Send Money to my Netspend Card?
Other PayPal account holders can send funds to your Netspend card via PayPal.
When you sign up for PayPal, you will have created (or been given) a PayPal username. Other PayPal users will use this, or your email address, to send you money.
Another PayPal user will first send the funds directly to your PayPal account. Unless you manually withdraw it, this money will remain in your PayPal account.
To move these funds to your Netspend card, simply click your PayPal balance (which is the money you’ve received). Then, follow the instructions above for withdrawing money from PayPal to Netspend. Once you’ve confirmed the withdrawal, the transfer can take anywhere between a few hours to a few days.
Can You Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal?
Once your Netspend and PayPal accounts are linked, you can also deposit funds from Netspend into your PayPal account.
- Login to the PayPal app using your credentials.
- Now, select the ‘Wallet’ option and hit ‘Transfer Money’
- Next, select the ‘Add Money Online’ option
- Choose your Netspend account as the source of your funds, and input the amount you wish to transfer.
Like all transfers, this transaction could take anywhere between a few hours to a few days.
Does PayPal Charge Fees to Withdraw Money?
PayPal does not charge fees for withdrawing money from your PayPal wallet. However, you may be charged if you want to perform international transactions or send or receive money directly from a credit or debit card. Fees may vary depending on your bank and the country you’re transferring to or from. Netspend users will not incur any fees from PayPal for using their services.
Netspend and PayPal are two of the biggest names in the financial world. Since Netspend partnered with PayPal in 2011, making online transactions and transferring funds can be done in just a few clicks.
Creating a PayPal account is simple, and thanks to mobile apps and bug improvements, it’s now easier (and more secure) than ever to load your Netspend card with your PayPal funds!